JOE KUBERT TRIBUTE - The Greatest Comic Book Artist Ever!







OK, I'm gonna try to get through this post without crying and I'm being completely serious. Yesterday, while goofing around on Facebook, I came across the tragic news that a personal childhood hero of mine, the legendary Comic Book Artist Joe Kubert, passed away. He was 85 years old. Mr. Kubert had a very long career working in comics and all of his artwork has become totally iconic. Once you see it you can never forget it. He is mainly known for his work on Tarzan & Sgt. Rock but my personal favorites were when he drew Batman. He just had an incredible style.





I never had the privilege of meeting him but about 2 months ago our friend in New Jersey, BatDave, went to a signing at a popular Comic Book Store in New York City. Dave said that Joe Kubert was one of the nicest guys he had ever met. He also said he was kinda shocked that Mr. Kubert was not even charging for Autographs, a rare thing in today's greedy marketplace. But this doesn't surprise me as I have always been told by other friends who have met him that he was always very down to earth & super friendly. Another thing I know is that his art will live on forever. In fact, it's hard for me to even think about any other Artist even drawing Sgt. Rock. His style was so much a part of that character. He will be missed. My condolences go out to his friend and family. Please find peace & know that he will live on forever in the hearts of Comic Book Fans all over the world.





R.I.P. JOE KUBERT 1926 - 2012









You have just read the article entitled JOE KUBERT TRIBUTE - The Greatest Comic Book Artist Ever!. Please read the article from New Stylish Wallpaper About , , , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://winterfashionclothes.blogspot.com/2012/08/joe-kubert-tribute-greatest-comic-book.html